Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 1 of 90...

So this is an experiment. All my life, I've searched for the best way to do something...anything, really. The best way to clean, the best way to shop, the best way to use my time. I loved productivity books. When the internet caught up with my interest, they had a new term for it--hacking. Lifehack and Lifehacker are two of my favorite sites. I'm ready to put them to the test. Those sites promise if you do what they say, they  can save you time, money, your health, your sanity. I need all of those things. All of the best productivity hacks suggest not making multiple changes at once. But I'm going to ignore them. I'm going to document my life over the next 90 days. I'm doing eating hacks, exercise hacks, house cleaning hacks and while there is no "hack" for a spiritual journey, I am going to add that to my accountability as well. I'll start tomorrow (because I can weigh myself at the Y).

So here is the plan.
Fitness

  • HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) twice a week (the recommended amount)
  • 40 minutes of active exercise daily
  • 10,000 steps daily


Nutritition

  • 100 ounces of water daily
  • Intermitent fasting 3 times a week
  • 30 grams of carbs daily
  • Completed Food diary (myfitnesspal)


Housecleaning
FLYLADY

Spiritual
90 day bible study in YouVersion

Expect daily screen shots of my food diary
Expect weekly pictures of my weight on the scale and of me
Expect daily pictures of my kitchen sink (rule number 1 for Flylady) and whatever the zone is for the week
Expect a daily thought about my bible study reading

My husband, Cedric, is in on the fitness challenge portion and possibly the food. Look for pics of him too.

Resources:
lifehacker.com
flylady.net
http://charlesduhigg.com/the-power-of-habit/


No comments:

Post a Comment